Friday, July 17, 2009

High highs & Low lows

The "Low" ...

OK, I found out a little bit...our court date never happened. It has been post-poned again until an undetermined time/date. I also found out that our precious photo albums with notes of love from us to our boys never got to Ghana. No one seems to know where they are. I'll be honest, I spent a good part of this morning in tears.

The "High"...

This morning, friends from our Sunday School class completely surprised me with a card & a sizeable check to help us towards adoption expenses. I had zero idea they were all collecting money to help us out & am so grateful & humbled by their love & support. I know many of them gave sacrificially. Wow. (I am a little bit speechless about it all still.)

So, this has been my day so far. Though I have definitely felt despair I am NOT resting in that, but in the assurance that my loving heavenly Father has got this all under control. He is the strength of my life. He loves those boys more than I ever could (even though I love them soooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I forget the reference right now, but I am remembering that awesome scripture that says "Though my flesh & my heart may fail, He is the strength of my life & my portion forever."In all of this, I know God will have the last word.

1 comment:

Jen said...

god knew you would need that precious encouragement from your Sunday School class...and exactly when you would need it too. We are remembering you all in prayer and know that God truly does have you all and this process in the palm of His hands.