Saturday, April 21, 2012

Sudan, Disappointment & Hope Returning

Life has been a busy hodge-podge of events lately. John went to Sudan with his job. The boys & I fared well while he was away (even though we all miss him A LOT) & he got to spend time in a country full of beautiful people & desperate suffering. I'm so thankful for all the good work his employer is involved in there to help reduce the suffering with hospitals, clinics, schools, churches and food aid. The people of Sudan need help!

We were so glad to get John home but soon after  his return, received some horribly disappointing news re. an opportunity we had thought might allow us to jump start a new adoption. We were really hoping & excited & when it fell through I felt so devastated, like I had been hit by a wall of sorrow, like it was hard to breathe. There are so many needy children that need help NOW & it is very hard to have to wait & feel I am doing so little. Argh! Frustrating!

I took my pain to God & was finally comforted by His words in the Bible saying that any compassion we as humans feel, actually originates in Him.

Compassion was His idea first!

Maybe that seems too obvious but it was such a comfort to me. So, I am feeling more peace knowing that God loves the precious children I am so concerned about far, far more than I ever could. Does that make sense? It does for me. It still makes me crazy sometimes, but it helps a lot. I'll look up the verses later & post them to share.

I'm still busy sewing felt toys for the Etsy Shop & I think my total earnings so far (for the adoption fund) are past $300. Not too bad since I just opened it up Feb 14.

I celebrate every sale. :)







No comments: