Friday, January 8, 2016

Three Girls

There are three girls who live in my heart. Girls, I thought I might be the Mom of one day, ached I would be, was scared to hope I might be, and hoped anyway. 

I am not their Mom. I do not tuck them in at night or tell them how precious they are, or kiss their boo boos. But I love them and I pray for them and they each have a place of residence in my heart.

I want them to know ( and I hope that they DO know) that they are valuable and beautiful and deserving of love and tenderness. I want them to have fun and to feel safe and to giggle and play. I want them to be able to dream big and to dance and to look in the mirror and see a girl who knows she is loved. 

Oh little girls, you will always have a place in my heart and I will always be praying for you. 




No comments: