Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Whole Life Adoption Book

I've been reading this book, by Jayne E. Schooler, and it has so many good quotes in it. I thought I'd share a few.

"Our adoption changed the character of our family forever. We are not a Caucasian family who has adopted a minority child. We are a minority family. We always will be."
An adoptive Dad
****************
I love this quote because of the "our family is a team philosophy". That's the approach John & I take. I often tell Mark, "We're a family & we stick together." Sometimes we talk about how much we are looking forward to adding more kids to our team.
***************
"Adoptive parents who bridge the adjustment barriers understand two things. First, their child has had a tremendous loss - loss of both parents, geneological ties, cultural heritage, to cite a few..." Family Ties
*****************
We are trying to prepare the best we can & pray that we will be able to help all our children be the very best, and the most free & joyful, people that they can be. We're definitely asking God (& counting on Him!) to give us tons of wisdom!

No comments: