Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Without You

As we approach Christmas this year, I am thinking about the special family time we always have around the tree talking about the story of Jesus' birth. We all act it out using our fabric creche scene. I'm also thinking of how we open our advent calendars each morning and decorate cookies to deliver to neighbors and of our Jesus' birthday cake. It's fun and meaningful this year, as always, but I can't help but think of the missing family member(s) that aren't here with us yet.

How I long to hang more stockings than I am this year, and to tell the nativity story to more little ears ... to kiss more sets of chubby cheeks and to hold more small hands.

On the flip side, I am so thankful to everyone at Beacon House who lovingly takes care of the children there day by day. I know our child(ren) are in a good place there.


This is my Christmas to trust God more than ever with little one(s) I don't even know yet, but already love.

No comments: