Monday, March 15, 2010

Adoption Seminar

This past Sat. John & I were able to attend a "Connected Child Conference". The main speaker was Karen Purvis, who is an amazing expert on helping children who come from difficult places, such as adopted kids & foster kids. We learned so much & came home feeling like we have a few more parenting "tools" .

The bottom line is that we are in a fight for our beautiful & beloved kids. For their healing. For their wholeness. Even if things appear "normal" when we are out in public, be assured they are not. We really appreciate all the prayer, encouragement & understanding that we can get!

Thanks! :)

2 comments:

The Blaske Bunch said...

Wondering if you can see the slight shade of "green" on my face....envy! I was able to take a few break out sessions with Karen Purvis last year...but have yet to go to the connected child conference...I am sooooo glad you got to go! I had so many "ahhhh Haaaa" moments during my time with her. My book looks a little tattered due to the post its and pages I have folded down to mark my spots...GOOD STUFF!

You are doing a great job! It is not easy...and our precious kiddos have come from hard places, most of them starting in Utero....so we get to trust God and we get to fill our tool belts with great tools to let him guide us to use.
Great JOB!!!
Joyfully
Carrie

Mom's Group said...

What a wonderful opportunity for you guys to attend! Glad it gave you more great tools for parenting your adopted kids.

xoHolly