Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Decorating

 I'm not much of a decorator but I like to look at other people's creative ideas & love the fun of making something pretty out of something of little or no value. When my Mom was visiting with us this Winter she did some sewing for me & we added this green fabric border to my very plain & inexpensive living room curtains. I love the custom look!


She also sewed up these coordinating pillow covers for me for the couch. All the fabric for both projects cost less than $20 & is nice & heavy so I can wash & rewash. If I had found fabric I liked at Good Will it would have been even more economical. I've salvaged old table cloths & sheets that way before.

 Then I found these pretty old table legs in our shed - can't remember where they came from & no table top attached. I love those curves though & John just stuck a table top on for me that he got at a home improvement store. 

I'll never be a Design Diva but I've been having fun creating. What have you been up to lately?

3 comments:

Laura said...

Love all your projects and enjoyed getting a little glimpse of your house. I think I may have to steal your curtain idea--I can't decide what to do in my living room. And the table is absolutely gorgeous. Great legs! ; ) Can't wait to see your home again after all your recent improvements and the addition--plus the additional boys! We need to come up with a plan to get together this summer!

Shaun and Holly said...

Very feminine and pretty! Just like you! <3

Michelle said...

SO pretty! I love the curtains especially. What a great idea!