Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I Need A Name

I want to start a new group & I need a name for it. I see it as being a group of women who commit to the "health"of their family over how tidy their house is. (ie: VERY Messy house BUT happy & mentally-healthy family). I am tired of trying to keep my house tidy while I haven't had a quiet time yet (which I need!) & my son just really needs me to sit down & look at his bug book with him. Anyone else out there feeling this? I am saying this tongue in cheek but actually I feel it's the right way for me to go & I'm trying to work up a sense of humor about the dust bunnies & the stray socks & underwear that may peak out from under the couch at an inopportune moment. (The underwear is a problem because one of our dogs just LOVES to drag it all over the house. Oh, & he also loves to cary our shoes around, so we have the Easter Egg Hunt experience at our home daily as we try to find matching pairs of shoes. I digress.) Anyhow, I'm hoping someone out there "gets" me on this topic & can come up with a good name idea. Any takers?

6 comments:

Kristin said...

I have said for years that I can either do school (and parenting) well, or I can keep the house clean. Each day is a choice because I cannot do both! Sometimes I choose more wisely than others :)

Kristin said...

So whatever you name your new group, I'm joining! ;)

Christina said...

Patty, i only have furbabies, but a well-organized neat and tidy homemaker i never will be. Um, k, apart from a miracle of God that is. However, i have very happy furbabies, which i'm thinking is way more important. I'll try to think up a fun name. I just wanted to throw my hat in the ring to jump up and down in support of and in agreement with you. :-)

Shaun and Holly said...

how about something like:
"Messy House, Happy Hearts"

The Redfields said...

What about "Dusting Optional" or "Family First" or even "Making the Right Choice"?

The Redfields said...

What about "Clean on the Inside"?