Tuesday, April 8, 2008

More journal notes

I'm going to let you "peek" into my journal again so you can have an idea of how my heart is doing these days.......



from my journal, 2-17-08



"My feelings about finally getting going with adoption are "all over the map". It's exciting but scary. There are so many things that could go wrong and break my heart. I am trying to stay focused on the tasks I have to do now and to not run ahead (mentally & emotionally) too far. I usually dare not try to imagine my child, but I sure do pray for him (we don't know if we'll get a girl or a boy, but I'm going to use "he" for simplicity). I pray he'd be feeling loved and cherished now and be so aware of God's presence and care. I pray he'd be secure & happy & developing healthily in every way - mind, body,soul & spirit. I also pray God would be preparing him for us, and us for him! I am so ready to love my next son or daughter but there's lots to do & overcome between now & the day I'll get to hold my little one in my arms. Oh Lord! Please help!"

No comments: