Saturday, April 5, 2008

Notes from my journal

I'm taking you back in time via my journal to catch you up on our story...

2-17-08
"It all started on the 10th when John's (my husband) sister called him - she was back in the USA for some workshops. She told him about a friend she's gotten to know who is running an orphanage in Accra, Ghana called "Beacon House". The next thing I know, John and I are praying and talking together & looking up info. online. We also contacted a home study agency with some questions. It's happening fast but this is something we've been praying for & working towards for at least three years. Oh Lord, is it really time? Please hold us tight and lead us on!"

I also found some cool quotations in The Whole Life Adoption Book by Jayne E. Schooler...

"Natural child: any child who is not artificial
Real parent: any parent who is not imaginary
Your own child: any child who is not someone else's child
Adopted child: a natural child, with a real parent, who is all my own."
Rita Law

"Our adoption changed the character of our family forever. We are not a caucasian family who adopted a minority child. We are a minority family. We always will be."
an adoptive father

1 comment:

Shaun and Holly said...

Yipie!!!! You have a Blog!
XO