Friday, April 25, 2008

Paperwork & Scripture

We are waiting to get an approval on some paperwork we sent off last week. We have to wait to hear on that before we send off our home study request and fee. I have also been working on passports, as well as learning all about the I-600 & the "Orphan Petition" (immigration documents).

I chose a Scripture for Mark when he was little and so I have been prayerfully choosing two more, since we aren't sure yet if we will be adopting one or two children . Mark's is...

"For this child we prayed and the Lord has given us the petition which we asked of Him. So we have dedicated him to the Lord; as long as he lives he is dedicated to the Lord."
I Samuel 1:27-28

Our next child's will be:

"I thank You, High God - You're breathtaking! Body and soul, I am marvelously made! I worship in adoration - what a creation! You know me inside and out. You know every bone in my body; You know exactly how I was sculpted from nothing into something. Like an open book, You watched me grow from conception to birth; all the stages of my life were spread out before You."
Psalm 139:14-16a (The Message)

Child #3's is:

"The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17 (NIV)

1 comment:

The Redfields said...

Our two boys' verses are:

Oldest -- Psalm 86:11-13 "Teach me your ways, O Lord, that I may live according to your truth! Grant me purity of heart, that I may honor you. With all my heart I will praise you, O Lord my God. I will give glory to your name forever, for your love for me is very great."

Youngest -- I Chronicles 16:8, 11 "Give thanks unto the Lord, call upon His name, make known His deeds among the people. Seek the Lord and His strength, seek His face continually."