Friday, October 16, 2009

Honeymoon Over?

I think we are moving out of the initial "honeymoon stage" where everyone is on their best, careful behaviour. I knew it would happen & it is a good thing because it is part of the process of us becoming a family all together BUT, the last two days have not been fun! Lots of tears (all three boys - not me yet!), fits, testing of boundaries, whining, squabbling, tattling etc. etc. I am praying for wisdom & maintaining our 1-3 pm nap time so we can all get a good break from each other. Tomorrow is Sat. & John will be home. We will all be happy to have Daddy around - for parenting "back up" & for fun! :)

On a more positive note, I still think we are all doing pretty well. We are managing to get some home school done every day & are playing well together at least some of the time - play dough, painting, train set etc. We also went to the library together today & each boy signed out 2 books & 1 movie. Every baby step counts & I am proud of each persons' efforts. Still...I am tired! Must go rest while boys are resting!

P.S. I got sweet note from Luke and Mark yesterday. "We love Mommy." That's going in my journal! :)




2 comments:

Mom's Group said...

Ya, parenting is NOT for wimps!!! That is for sure! You are up for it, Missy! :) I know you are! Praying for you.

Michelle said...

Hey Patty--
I can't remember your email, but we're doing a field trip to the Alpha Acres Corn Maze this coming Tuesday (the 20th). If you're interested, let me know and I'll get you the information. If your boys are like mine...the rainy/cold days are the hardest. You know, the times they can't just get outside and run off their energy. Hang in there. You're doing great! We can't wait to meet the WHOLE family. :-)
Michelle