Saturday, October 17, 2009

Saturday

Today John stayed home with three boys with "the sniffles" & I did the weekly shopping run - Walmart, Ross & SAM'S Club. I enjoyed the time driving alone - time to talk to God & to reflect a little on how things are going in our family.

This is a tiring but really precious time as we are taking our first "baby steps" together. Today was the first day one of my sons felt comfortable enough to run up and hug John when he came in from mowing the neighbor's field. Today was also the day he asked me what would happen if he was sent away by relatives & left all alone & he didn't know anyone & he had to hide in the woods at night. Of course I assured him that Mom & Dad are here to always take care of him & we talked about how God says in the Bible, "Do not be afraid, for I am with you..." but my Mother's heart aches for my little one who thinks to ask such questions.

It's a tender, tiring, precious time.
I am thankful for the love & support of good friends & family.
I am thankful for a wonderful husband, who is also a fantastic Dad.
I am thankful for a Heavenly Father Who has always proven Himself faithful in my life. I can tell my children of His trustworthiness & be absolutely sure of Him myself. I am so thankful for that.

2 comments:

Laura said...

What a beautiful post. So glad to "hear" from you after what sounded like a rough couple days. I'm sure these next weeks will be challenging and stretching for everyone. Luke and Nathan are blessed to have such wonderful parents. We are continuing to pray for you all. When you feel ready for a chat, please call!

Jen said...

That must have broken your heart...it will take time for the boys to let go of some of those fears, but as they begin to trust you and Jon and their Heavenly Father more and more, they too will know the trustworthiness and safety of god's plans for them.