Thursday, October 22, 2009

Wednesday & Thursday

Wednesday was Luke & Nathan's first visit to what we call "Wednesday School". It's classes for the kids & the Moms to attend from 9-11am at our church. It was also Mark's first day back in 5 weeks. All boys did pretty well. Mark said he was happy to get back to see all his friends & Luke & Nathan both played well in their class. I stayed with them & plan to do so for the next few months at least. It's not that they need me every minute, but there are a few minutes here & there that they do feel they need me & those are the important minutes I want to be there for.

We left their classes a little early so I could get Mark to a Drs' appointment on time. He, like me, has allergies & gets sinus infections easily. Luke & Nathan's Drs' appointments will begin next week. I've been trying to wait on them because they are going to involve shots & lots of them. Ouch! They always seem to hurt me at least as much as they hurt my kids. :(

Today was the boys' first day at their home school gym class. It's at a local YMCA & it is so great! The boys are with lots of other good friends & they do an hour of organized sports, followed by a hour of swimming lessons. Everyone really seemed to enjoy themselves except for Nathan who semi-cried throughout the last hour. I think he was just feeling overwhelmed &, being unable to articulate his feelings, just needed to cry a little in my arms. When that happens I hold him close & we have a good snuggle.

2 comments:

Shaun and Holly said...

Sounds busy! Hope you are all enjoying each other in the hustle and bustle of life.
xoxo

Marsalie said...

I can just imagine how awesome those snuggles are! Congratulations Patty on finally having your family all together.