Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Issues

Thing are going really well at our house. I am very thankful! But we certainly do have our issues. They just are not fazing me too much (usually!) because they all seem within the range of normal so far.

Food issues - check
Tears - check
Whining - check
Squabbling - check
Insecurity - check
Approximately 2,047 questions for Mom each day (that do sometimes tire one out) - check
Meltdowns - check
Silent moods - check

I won't go on - you get the idea. But, these things ARE normal for us right now, I think? And I still think we are doing really well. I have read about so many families that have dealt with so much more difficult problems, I am just counting myself blessed & taking our "issues" one day (or one hour) at a time.

Sometimes when I read other people's blogs, fear tries to take a hold in me & occasionally I have let it move in & stay awhile. But fear does nothing to help me prepare for the future & definitely doesn't help me in the present. I am planning on trusting God to walk with us through whatever the future holds, and dealing with our minimal issues with thankfulness (OK - this part is sometimes hard at the end of a long day!).

Just a little honesty...


4 comments:

Shaun and Holly said...

Can you share some of the cute type of questions that the kids ask?

I am thankful that you are taking life one day at a time. That is what we are all to do. I remember the scripture that says: Each day has enough worries of it's own. Who of you adds any days to ones life by worrying.

Blog's are great but we all have them for different reasons. Some people find it very therapeutic to write about their struggles. While I don't judge them, it isn't what I want for my Blog. I do talk about issues of my own heart but I don't share things about my children that they would find embarrassing.

Love you.

Amy said...

I have 3 children myself, and we go through many of those things daily--without having the added pressures of the 'newness' that your boys do...so rest assured, it is very normal!! (albeit tiring)
God knows.

Patty said...

Yes Holly, I feel the same way about NOT writing publicly about my kids' behaviors that might embarrass them. Some people do & that is their choice, but I choose not to. I feel OK about generalities like in this post though.

Shaun and Holly said...

Amy,
You are so right. All of the things Patty listed are normal for ANY family!! But I am sure it's compounded by the challanges that adding 2 new little ones! YOu are doing great Patty!
xo