Sunday, September 13, 2009

Day I & 2 in Ghana

Wemade it! Thank you God! The trip was long but smooth - Mark did great & was thrilled with the surprise of having a Nintendo SP to play with on the trip, thanks to some kind friends. I was nervous about how I would pick up all our bags in baggage claim, but it all worked out fine. It was a huge joy & relief to know our family was waiting right outside the gate to meet us! Mark ran right to his cousin, Levi, & has been his best bud ever since except he insists on calling him "Eli"...hmmm.

I have only been here a little over 24 hours but I am really feeling pretty good & am liking Accra a lot. It is very friendly & not too big of a city to overwhelm me. I am just trying to drink a lot & rest as much as I can to fight off jet lag & travel fatigue. Mark is going 70 miles an hour in all directions & seems just fine.

I have to wait to meet the boys until tomorrow, but Laurie & I did drive by Beacon House very slowly so I could "gawk" at the place my boys have called home for over a year. I will get to meet them tomorrow am. & then later head off to the Embassy to file the "Orphan Petition". I am nervous about filing - there is such a big part of my heart riding on it! I'd be very happy to know that is being prayed for specifically. Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!

Tomorrow, I will meet my two youngest sons for the first time. The boys I have been praying for their whole lives - the last five years or so! The boys who I already love & am comitted to love forever, even though I haven't met them yet. I can't even really guess how it will feel but I will try to describe it for you later on. My guess is that there will be a lot of happy tears on my part.

So, tomorrow is going to be a very BIG day - emotionally & paper-work-wise. I am so thankful God is in charge!

4 comments:

Shaun and Holly said...

WaHoooo! praying and very excited!
H.

Anonymous said...

GREAT to get postings from you in Ghana...what a treat...looking forward to hearing more!

Michelle said...

Patty, we are praying for you... that God is going before you, preparing the way for you AND your boys. Looking forward to hearing about your first few minutes with them.

Shaun and Holly said...

Hurry and post an update. I am having a hard time waiting!!!

Praying for you!

Holly and family