Saturday, September 5, 2009

New Travel Plans

Well, things are looking better! I am so thankful! I couldn't have imagined what a blow it would be to have our travel plans cancelled with no idea of when we would be able to go. If you ever know of anyone in that situation PRAY for them! It is terribly difficult. I felt like I would not be able to breathe, function at all. Feeling that separated from your children/so helpless is a terrible thing. I am soooooooo grateful I only had to experience that for about 24 hours. God is merciful.

So, Mark & I now have plans to fly out on Friday. It will be very cool to be in Africa again, fun to see our family over there, and a life changing event to finally meet the rest of our family - our precious sons/Mark's little brothers! Ahhh! I can't wait to finally touch them, to memorize their voices...such joy at last.

We still will have plenty of hard work ahead of us once we get there though. I have to go to the US Embassy to submit our "Orphan Petition". I imagine this might be pretty STRESSFUL! We also have to fill out all the necessary paper work & go to Drs. appointments for each of the boys so we can apply for their visas. Then there is also the trip to Bolgatonga to meet extended family & the Chief of the village that our sons are originally from. It is our honor to do all these things BUT it is NOT easy! Anyone who has tried to function in a foreign culture will know what is involved here. It will be a huge comfort to me to know that you are lifting us up in prayer while we are away. Please pray that any fear/anxiety that tries to attack me will always be LESS than my trust in my Heavenly Father.




1 comment:

Grateful said...

Still praying...and will continue. So thankful things worked out with the paperwork.
Have a blessed trip, if we don't communicate before.
Blessings to you all,
Tami