Thursday, September 24, 2009

What I See In Ghana

I see beautiful children who don't know they are beautiful.
I see a little boy whose eyes are guarded because he has never been convinced he is safe.
I hear a little girl tell me with pleading eyes, "I don't know who my mother is. Do you know my Mother?"
I have maybe a dozen children calling me "Mom" because they want one so badly.
I hear laughter & see great strength & resiliency in little girls & boys.
I see the older kids being kind & helpful to the little ones.
I see little hands and little feet & beautiful warm brown eyes.
I see Jesus.

I am so wanting God to work in my heart with all that I am seeing. I want to have my heart changed forever. We, in America, cannot pretend we don't know that these children exist. They do and they are so precious to God's heart. But - are not we to be His hands & feet in the world? They are here and they are waiting...

3 comments:

Grateful said...

Hi Patty:
I looked for you in Ghana. A lady who adopted 2 little boys was in our guesthouse. I believe her name was Sally. She had seen you and mentioned that you might be staying with family. How very nice for you.
I am just back and still adjusting to the time changes. I have a lot of catching up to do.
May God bless your time there with the boys. I pray all goes smoothly.
Blessings!
Tami

susan said...

Hi Patti,

The pictures of those beautiful children warm and break my heart @ the same time. The words you wrote are so profound and poignant, they made me cry. It is so wrong for children to have to experience so much pain. Every child is beautiful. They deserve nothing less than to grow up knowing that they are safe, loved, and valued above all else. They all should be reminded every day that they have a purpose in life and that they are so special. How lucky the children are to have people care for them at the orphanage though. I just can't imagine how they do it. All those beautiful children with so many needs and wounds to heal. I know that God has his hand in it.

Luke and Nathan are very fortunate to have you guys as parents now. You guys are lucky too though. They are absolutely adorable! Their eyes are so expressive. Mark is going to have to show them all of the cool stuff that he does and teach them some things. I can see it all now. Mark leading the way and Luke and Nathan taking it all in. The three of them marching around the bank yard with very important things to do. :) How lucky for the three of them. It's been a long time coming and we are all so excited for you guys. We can't wait to meet them.

The boys of the four legged variety are doing well. I have taken Hunter on two runs and Ben on two walks as well. Bens arthritis doesn't seem to be bothering him. He actually got his leash and stood by the door today wagging his tail. I have to split it up between Greta and the boys though. She gets upset if she doesn't get to run w/ me. The chickens are all doing good. They're just hanging out eating bugs and stuff. :)

The girls are so excited and can't wait to meet the boys. ;) Everything here is good. Take as long as you need and don't worry about the homefront. We got ya covered. You guys are in our prayers.

Take care,

Susan.

Patty said...

Thanks soooooooooo much Susan! It is great to know that everything is going well at home!