Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tuesday

Today has been a GOOD day! I was really down this morning but as the day went by, I kept getting more good news. So, we did not go to the Embassy today BUT we have an email invitation to come for our visa appointment on Thursday morning! This is GOOD! We also have been given a verbal confirmation that we will have the visas in hand on Monday. This is very good & we are praying it will all go smoothly. Hint! Hint! Please pray! :)

So, we will be up very early Thursday am. to get to our appointment on time. I have matching t-shirts for the three boys so they can have a tangible, physical marker to feel we are going in as a REAL family - unified. Maybe it sounds lame, but I am really excited about it.

If all goes well, we are hoping to have the boys' "Goodbye to Beacon House Prayer Ceremony" on Friday. Mark & I are flying out next Tuesday night & then John & Luke & Nathan will leave Wed am. Try as we might, we can NOT get our tickets all together, so Mark & I will arrive in Charlotte six hours before the rest of the gang. Oh well, I will take a few snags. I will just be so thrilled to get my little guys home!

So, tomorrow is hopefully going to be our last "regular" day of just visiting our boys. I am hugely thrilled to be getting close to their coming home date, but I am realizing, more & more, how TERRIBLY I am going to miss many of the other children at BH. I'm telling you, they are precious, precious & they definitely own a slice of my heart now.

How many kids can I adopt, Lord? :)

5 comments:

Jen said...

OH Patty, all such good news!
I will pray about all of your departures as well, I suspect this has the potential to be traumatic for each one of you on varying levels.
How do you keep from packing up some of the smaller ones in your luggage....I would be so very very torn. I have a feeling you will be too, but God has their paths planned out as well, and they may not look the same as Luke and Nathan's but they will be very good.

Anonymous said...

I will totally be praying...Thank you so much for taking the time to update us all on things...Really awesome all God is doing in all your lives.

Laura said...

Sounds like things are getting wrapped up. What about the trip to their hometown? When does that have to happen? We'll keep praying--I happen to know the God who can move mountains, so a few airplane seats are no big deal. Where do you fly into?

Joy said...

Patty, we are so happy for you and are thankful you are well on your way home! We look forward to seeing you next week!
Love,
Joy

Frannie said...

We can't wait for all of you to be home. Good luck with all that is left to come. Thank you for sharing all the wonderful pictures especially of the beautiful children.. I am sure that some have planted seeds in some one's heart.
love,
Frannie