Monday, September 28, 2009

Monday

We had another good morning visiting our boys. We are getting to know them better, gaining insight to be better parents for them. I was able to sit down with the Beacon House "Mama" of the boys to ask her about their progress since they have come to BH, their habits, night time schedule etc. They are on a pretty rigid routine that I think we will try to follow for at least awhile when we get home. It will especially provide stability for Luke & Nathan.

John & I met with the Director to talk about the boys' history, how they are doing now, & to prepare for the Visa app. meeting we are supposed to have tomorrow. Boys' passports - check, birth certificates - check etc. etc.

I have been gradually getting better with the colitis, but it is probably going to be a long haul for me. The Prednisone IS working & the side effects haven't been too evil so far. So, I am thankful!The drug does lower one's resistance to other illnesses though, so I am cautious...I've been having some vertigo today so we'll see...

5 comments:

Shaun and Holly said...

Blahhhhh to the vertigo! :(

Glad you are learning more about the boys.

Praying for you all.

Love,
Me

Tina Tisdale said...

Hi Patty! I absolutely LOVE seeing all the pictures! I also just showed them to Bella and she was amazed by it all! I am continuing to pray for you and especially with the next transition! Remember, God is with you each step of the way!!!! He will enable you as you are on this journey! With lots of love!
-Tina

Jen said...

Praying complete strength and wholeness over you and all of your family as the many transitions continue to take place. As overwhelming as much of this must seem right now, to think you will soon be home and within a few short months will be looking back to wonder what life was like without them and of course that every bit of it was worth it. Praying the visas come through smoothly and quickly too!

Lisa Michele said...

Hi Patty, looks like I am flying in on Sunday! Sorry I will miss you guys! Maybe we can meet after you get back from the north?! :o) Many blessings to you and your family as you prepare for your journey north. Give my little guy a squeeze and let him know his Mommy is coming soon! ~ In Him, Lisa

Shaun and Holly said...

What? No Tuesday update?!! HUMPH! Well, joking aside...I hope that you are having a splendid day and that things are progressing nicely. Wishing you home in the USA as soon as possible!

Love,
H