Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wednesday in Ghana

I am waking up happy to be in Ghana and finally with my whole family all in the same country. Unfortunately, I am still sick. The repreive from colitis was probably mostly due to the fact that I had eaten so little in four days. Now I am almost back to the beginning with it. Not good. We are going to try to get a hold of some Prednisone today & I'll do a week long course of that. I hate that drug with a passion because of it's nasty side effects but it is the only drug that can really help me when I have a bad flare up. So, I will be thankful to get it. Hopefully it will help me to heal & get better so I can back to the business of being a wife & Mom.

Today, I am staying home (so NOT where I want to be!) & John & Mark are going to Beacon House to spend the morning with Luke & Nathan. Maybe it will be a hidden blessing for John to have them all to himself so they can bond & work on their relationships all on their own? I miss them so much though!

We are all liking Ghana & feeling pretty comfortable here. I think the adjustment is the hardest the first time you travel to Africa. This trip has seemed much easier & we are enjoying being here.

1 comment:

Lisa Michele said...

Praying for health, praying for God's covering, praying for I600 approval! Patty I am so sorry you have been so sick. Glad your husband is there with you to help in all of this. We are praying today is the day we will get the green light. The decree is getting the pretty red ribbon put on it! Yeah!
Many Blessings to all of you!
In Him,
Lisa